Monday, September 17, 2012

Batumi and Back





Batumi stole my soul and wouldn't give it back. It started as a small two night trip to visit a friend and ended up being four nights with over 20 people.

I went to the Turkish border town of Sarpi, more than once whilst in Batumi. It is beautiful with crystal clear waters that are upwards of six foot deep, yet you can see all the way to the bottom. The was a cliff that was about half the distance of the bridge we jumped off, but I was having 'nam style flashbacks and couldn't bring myself to take the leap.

 It is amazing to think that my little village is less then two hours away from this bustling metropolis (I do use this term lightly.) Donald Trump is building one of his infamous Trump Towers here.
 I think the main reason I got sucked in for so long was the beautiful cool sea water that I could float in for hours. It's not long now untill it is too cold to use the bathroom at night, so I say make the most of it while we can.


I also have a severe case of FOMO (fear of missing out.) If everyone is is going to be there, I want to be there also.

By the end of the trip nobody really wanted to be there anymore- we were tired, sunburnt and basically had just had our spirits broken. But Batumi is truly beautiful, it is a city I would enjoy living in.

No comments:

Post a Comment