Sunday, March 24, 2013

Silly Schengen Shenanigans

I would like to say I have been super busy and that's why I haven't updated, but really I have just been too lazy, too drunk, too tired. I don't know how I have managed to fill the last two and a half weeks, I have accomplished nothing noteworthy.

I did think I was having a heart attack for a while, it made me contemplate going home. That's how serious it was. I think it was just anxiety in the end. But I will blame the faux heart attack for my lack of consistency.

I'm working in a hostel at the moment, which for the time being will remain.

 Disclosure - the opinions and actions expressed in this blog and purely my own and in no way reflect those I work for.

We work for a free bed: myself, an American dude and a girl from all over England. Our job requires us being ready and willing to party every night, hang out with the guest, take them places and generally make sure that a good time is being had by all and often making a fool of ourselves in the process.

The activities we have run in the two weeks since we have been here :


  • Polish Vodka night - really we didn't have too much to do with this one because it was already in place before we got here. We just had to help with the set up.
  • A 25th Birthday party for a French guest - Baked him a cake, it was a smashing success. 
  • St. Patrick's day party - If the British Air force group had not shown up I don't know how well we would have done, but green everything. 
  • Family dinner - Nachos for everyone! 
  • Sunday Night Trivia - This one didn't eventuate into anything, everyone was too hung over  But the questions are ready to go if anybody shows some interest in the near future.
Tomorrow we get a large group from America, so we will be having some more Polish-y activities. 





Green Jelly Shots for St. Patty's
 The St. Patrick's day party started off pretty slow, there was not too many guest around, one of my co-workers didn't get out of bed until 8pm because he was so hung over.  But the RAF group arrived and being British men they soon bought enough of our drinks to put us well into a profit.



Facial clovers for everyone
 We painted faces, not for any other reason except for it was fun.

 The worst part about the night was I lost my shoes! We took some guest out to a club and came back to the hostel. I obviously came back with shoes on because it was in the negatives. The only thing I can think of is that I took them off in a guest's room and the were mistakenly packed. May they rest in peace, they were a good shoe and less than a month old.

Said Shoes






No comments:

Post a Comment